Male grooming, manscaping, Brozilian waxing… whatever you want to call it, it’s a fast growing industry and it has been for a while now. Men of all ages and from all walks of life are getting in on the act. Loads of you are doing it… you’re just not admitting it to your mates!
I’ve asked a lot of my male clients over the past few months why they get waxed, and here’s what they said:
- I feel cleaner and more hygienic
- It stops the hair rubbing and irritating me when I’m cycling
- I just like the look of having no hair
- My tattoos look better when they’re not covered with hair
- Have you ever tried rubbing suntan lotion on a hairy back? It’s so much easier on holiday without hair
- I got sick of shaving and how itchy it gets when it’s growing back
- I first did it as a bet, and it wasn’t as bad as I thought so I’ve carried on. I haven’t told my mates that though!
- My girlfriend prefers it and I like her to keep herself tidy so it’s only fair that I do the same
- I reckon it makes me more aerodynamic (from a triathlete)
And my personal favourite…
- I’m having a vasectomy next week, thought I’d better sort myself out so they can actually see whey they’re doing!
Apart from intimate waxing, my most popular all year round male treatment is men’s facial waxing. Beards are ‘in’ but hair sprouting out of your nose and ears most definitely is not! Those little trimmers you can buy are ok for a quick tidy up but waxing has a much longer lasting effect as the hair is removed from the root. And plucking hair out of your nose with tweezers is far too eye watering (yes, I’ve tried that myself). But waxing all the hair out of your nose in one go is surprisingly painless, trust me!
And lastly, don’t forget your hands!! Waxing of the hands is available here, very popular for guys who are getting married, especially if you’ll be having a close up picture of the wedding rings… for the best male groom(ed) look! 😉